The Co-Innovate programme is a cross border research and innovation (R&I) initiative funded under the European INTERREG VA Programme.
In an ever changing and increasingly competitive marketplace, innovation is integral to business growth and success. With Co-Innovate, you can learn about the bene?ts of innovation, identify opportunities for growth in your business and create a vision to make it happen.
Each company’s needs around innovation development will differ, so every company’s journey through the programme will be unique. Co-Innovate will give you the tools and support to help you innovate, differentiate and compete successfully.
Support provided will range from free workshops tailored to suit each individual business, to innovation audits and one-to-one expert mentoring.
Companies will have the chance to learn about the benefits of innovation, identify opportunities for growth and create a vision to make it happen through attendance at one of Co-Innovate’s free tailored workshops. The workshops will demystify innovation and help you understand how it can drive your business forward. Workshops, are held for half a day and are spread across the regions Co-Innovate functions in. There will also be some sector-specific workshops for companies in the renewables, agri-food, and life and health sciences sectors.
Companies that have received support at Co-Innovate workshops will benefit from one-to-one business assessments, aimed at helping them create a tailored delivery plan. Companies who go on to complete assessments, will be selected to take part in advanced programme supports. These advanced supports are designed to help develop detailed innovation delivery plans: bringing ideas to fruition. These include:
- Funding to unlock up to 10 days of bespoke consultancy advice, resulting in development of a targeted action plan.
- Up to fifty per cent funding for a dedicated 12 month project manager post to deliver product or process innovation.
- Up to fifty per cent funding for a business-to-business, collaborative R&D or product/service development project, with partners to be drawn from the other jurisdiction (for example, Rep of Ire company to partner with business in UK).
- Participation in a sector specific R&I network which will bring together businesses, organisation or academic institutions from across Co-Innovate’s eligible regions. Fifty per cent funding available.
- A manufacturing or tradable services company
- Located in Northern Ireland
- Financially viable
- Understanding of and capacity for innovation
- 1 – 249 full-time employees
- Able to demonstrate the capacity and commitment to support Co-Innovate activity at senior management level
Priority Sectors include, but are not limited to:
- Life and Health Sciences
- Agri Tech/Food
- Harness ideas to work smarter & boost your bottom-line
- Add value to your business
- Gain greater in-house skills
- Bespoke research & innovation expertise